An Overview Of The Health Of Australian Workers Shows That (1):
- Australian employees don’t exercise enough: 10 % of Australian workers are completely inactive, 40% engage in only minimal exercise and 12% do less than 1 hour of physical activity per week.
- There are poor dietary habits: 46% of Australian workers live on high fat diets; only 8% eat 5 or more serves of fruit and vegetables per day.
- 62% of Australian workers are overweight.
- Over 50% of the Australian workforce is stressed.
- 56% are in the medium to high-risk area in participating to high risks behaviours such as smoking (21%), drinking (12% consume 15 or more standard drinks weekly) and irregular use of sunblock (only 7%).